Event Professional Consultancy Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of Event Professional Consultancy Ltd in relation to the information we collect about you and other users.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
- Georgina Nichols
- 01-295 81 81
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
At Event Professional Consultancy Ltd, we are creative and passionate about delivering real business success through face–to–face communication at Trade and Consumer Events.
We have the most experienced team in Ireland working across all aspects of Event management, from initial ideas and planning, to Sales, Marketing, Budgeting, Operations and delivery of some the most Professional Events in the country.
Our Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- Name : Georgina Nichols
- Email address: email@example.com
- Phone number: 01-295 8181
Purpose for processing your data
When you register to attend an event with us, you provide us with contact information, e.g. name, and address etc, which we wish to retain in our database.
We use this information in order to contact you via mailings/telephone to inform you about upcoming events that may be of interest to you.
We do NOT share/sell our database to third parties. We do use a mailing service in the course of our direct mailing but we require a destruction of data certificate to ensure your privacy.
Why does Event Professional Consultancy Ltd need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you information regarding upcoming events which may be of interest to you we need to collect personal data for direct marketing. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Event Professional Consultancy Ltd would contact you for additional consent.
How will Event Professional Consultancy Ltd use the personal data it collects about me?
Event Professional Consultancy Ltd will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Event Professional Consultancy Ltd is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Event Professional Consultancy Ltd contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Why we are processing your data? Our legal basis.
Our reason and purpose for processing your personal data is:
- We collect and store your Data so that when we have an event that we think may be of interest to you, we will contact you with information about it.
Special Categories of personal data
If we collect any special categories of personal data (e.g. health, religious beliefs, racial, ethic origin – financial information is not classified as special categories of personal data) – we will ensure the below
- we will obtain your explicit consent
- ensure the personal data is necessary for employment rights or obligations;
- protect the vital interests of the data subject, including the protection of rights and freedoms;
- necessary for the legitimate activities with appropriate safeguards;
- personal data made public by the data subject;
- legal claims;
- substantial public interest;
- preventive or occupational medicine, for the assessment of the working capacity of the employee, medical diagnosis, provision of health or social care treatment, or management of health and social care systems and services, under the basis that appropriate contracts with health professionals and safeguards are in place;
- public health, ensuring appropriate safeguards are in place for the protection of rights and freedoms of the data subject, or professional secrecy;
- national laws in terms of processing genetic, biometric or health data.
Who are we sharing your data with?
We do not share or sell any data gathered with third parties. We only collect the data for our company’s own use.
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Event Professional Consultancy Ltd in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfill the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Event Professional Consultancy Ltd.’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
Data Subjects Rights:
We, Event Professional Consultancy Ltd facilitate the data subject’s rights in line with the data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request. You should include a link her to your SAR (Subject access request procedure)
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Event Professional Consultancy Ltd refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. Event Professional Consultancy Ltd will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our regulatory body (Central Bank, Revenue ) and our internal governance.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Event Professional Consultancy Ltd (or third parties as described in 3.4 above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Event Professional Consultancy Ltd’s data protection representatives Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner
If we are collecting your data for a statutory requirement (payroll) or to fulfill a contract (life policy or motor insurance policy) and you cannot provide this data the consequences of this could mean the contract cannot be completed or details are incorrect.
Profiling – automatic decision making
Currently we do not us an automated decision making system, if this changes in the future we will make all members of our database aware of it.
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
If we have received your personal data from another source:
Event Professional Consultancy Ltd have collected your personal data from registration at events.
Event Professional Consultancy Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
It is the intention of this privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”) to explain to you the information practices of Event Professional Consultancy Ltd in relation to the information we collect about you and other users.
Event Professional Consultancy Ltd makes clear the types of information collected as well as the source of the personal data (publicly accessible sources) and provides the data subject with
We want to share any other information required to demonstrate that the processing is fair and transparent.
The Categories of personal data we have collected are:
- Name/ Address/ Email/ Telephone/ Job Position
Who we are sharing this data with:
- The only instance of us sharing information is to third party distribution company and a certificate of destruction is obtained after each distribution.
If we have received your personal data from another source we will endeavour to share with you:
- one month of obtaining the personal data, in accordance with the specific circumstances of the processing;
- at the first instance of communicating in circumstances where the personal data is used to communicate with the data subject;
- when personal data is first disclosed in circumstances where the personal data is disclosed to another recipient.
The above will not apply when:
- If you already has the information;
- If the provision of the above information proves impossible or would involve an excessive effort
- If obtaining or disclosure of personal data is expressly identified by Member State law; or
- If personal data must remain confidential subject to an obligation of professional secrecy regulated by Member State law, including a statutory obligation of secrecy.
The Data Protection Officer/GDPR Owner is responsible for ensuring that the privacy notice(s) is correct and that mechanisms exist such as having the Privacy Notice(s) on Event Professional Consultancy Ltd’s website to make all data subjects aware of the contents of this notice prior Event Professional Consultancy Ltd commencing collection of their data.
All staff that need to collect personal data are required to follow this procedure.
Questions Regarding the Privacy Statement and Conditions of Use
If you have any questions about our Privacy Statement and Conditions of Use, or any concern about privacy at the IAPP or the use of this Site in general, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.